Monday, October 5, 2009

Yay! my badge works, Boo! no time for Perl

Yay! I am a bronze man. Also, all of my projects either on hold or are going to progress very slowly for the next few months. My wife has been in and out of the hospital for the last few months, the last time via an ambulance. I have been force to make lifestyle changes such as fixed times to go to bed at night (2200 ET versus somewhere between 2000 ET and 0600 ET) and get up in the morning (0630 ET vs somewhere between 0900 ET and 1100 ET) and the careful cooking of all of our meals (did you know there was a meal called breakfast that didn't entail just grabbing a soda on the way out the door?), so I don't have nearly as much discretionary time as I once did. Hopefully in a couple months she will be strong enough to start helping with things again and I will get some time back for Perl.

2 comments:

  1. My sincere sympathies and best wishes, Chas! Don't burn yourself out, and know that your well-being matters to others as well!

    ReplyDelete

Some limited HTML markup is allowed by blogger: strong, b, i, and a. You may also use em, but I have repurposed it through the magic of CSS to be behave very much like <tt><code></code></tt>.